Thursday, April 12, 2007

Making Friends The Painful Way

After yesterday's hand-scalding experience in the Office cafeteria, I've had a larger variety of people come to talk to me than I've had since I started here in September.

If I were more outgoing, I might actually use this as a way to spark up some kind of conversation that we could continue with as time moves forward.

As it stands, I'm a consultant here, with a very limited job scope and very limited interaction with the rest of the folks working here.

And days like today, when 3 months of software updates get rolled live and email notifications are activated without the mail server maintenance crew being made aware ahead of time, and words like "doing XYZ without consulting ABC group is irresponsible" are bandied around in email . . . I'm glad I'm "just a consultant".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home