Thursday, April 12, 2007

Somebody Loves Me

I'm a fortunate woman, in that I am regularly reminded that I am loved from many angles of my life.

I have great parents who not only treat me like an adult - they started the peer-level discussions when I was in my early 20's. Plus, they're still together and getting along and have recently passed 45(!) years together.

I have siblings with whom I always feel at home, even if we haven't talked for a long time since I'm shitty at reaching out.

I have nephews that treat me like gold despite the fact that I'm shitty at responding, reaching out or even acknowledging birthdays. Which reminds me, I have a hand-written letter to respond to...

I have two ... "best" friends, S (female) and D (male). Which I guess is just my way of saying they're in my innermost circle of contact; they know the "real me" the best.

Tomorrow night, S will be coming over and staying over for the night. Then, after D and I get back from our Saturday morning workout, we'll be packing up S's futon and helping her bring it back to her new house down the street.

Tonight, however, D is taking me out for dinner. It'll be low-key, because I'm a low-key kinda girl, but it'll be nice to get out and spend the time with my friend.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home